Saturday, September 12, 2009

Caleb is SOOO into this...

It's SOO funny to me how into this pregnancy Caleb is. He was only a little over 2 1/2 when Carson was born, so during my entire pregnancy, he really didn't have a clue what was going on, except that he couldn't sit on my lap as easy to read books, etc. LOL! He would point at my stomach & say, "baby"...but that was the extent of it. He never really paid attention to or noticed babies at all until this last year. He just likes his own little world a lot of the time...haha! Carson on the other hand LOVES babies & is always giving a baby he's near their blanket or pacifier. It's adorable :) Him & Caleb are VERY different in many ways, & that is just one example when it comes to babies and 2 year olds noticing them!

Well ever since we told Caleb I was pregnant, he's been talking about it NON STOP! It's been so fun to hear what he has to say about this baby & what he thinks it's going to be. He INSISTS that "of course it's a girl, Mommy. You already have boys and another boy would be ANNOYING!" LOL!! His EXACT words. TOO funny! After I got done laughing for several minutes, I asked him, "What's wrong w/ another brother??" He insisted that we need a girl in our family and that this next baby "MUST be a girl!" Of course I then tried to explain that God already knows what this baby is and it's name, etc...He was like, "yeah okay mom, but it's a girl." hahaha!! Every time he brings it up, I do try to remind him that whatever it is, it already IS and we'll be happy w/ whatever God wants for our family. :) Another funny Caleb moment: Nate & I got home from having our first OB appt & ultrasound and right when we walked in the door Caleb says, "So what did the doctor say? Is it a girl?????" HAHAHA! He is OBSESSED!! ;)
Ohhh Caleb.....ha!

Here is Caleb on his first day back to pre-school. He LOVES it again this year & has a new teacher, Miss Kara. He really likes her too! He loves making new friends and wishes pre-school was every day...That's when I remind him that next year he gets to go to Kindergarten and that IS everyday. Then he says, "everyday...ALL day?? I'll miss you, Mommy." Awwwww...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aww....what an adorable story! He is going to make a great big brother AGAIN!!!!