Sunday, August 16, 2009

it's been TOO long!!

I can't believe I haven't blogged since last DECEMBER!! That's insane!! I guess I can use the excuse that I've been "busy"...but really, I have been SUPER busy!! School takes any extra free time away from me, so blogging took a backseat this year! :( I made a little time for scrapbooking here and there, but not so much blogging....


Well, I'll start w/ our new addition, a chocolate lab puppy named Lily. She is the CUTEST puppy I've ever seen :) and so great!! She's already going to be 10 weeks tomorrow! She has been our dog since she was 8 weeks. We got her from some really awesome people who live about 45 minutes north of here. Turns out, the people we bought her from are relatives of a friend of ours--too funny!! It really IS a "small world" around here though!! ;) Anyway, Lily is a GREAT addition to our family and I am thrilled to have another girl around...even if she is a dog!!! LOL!! This is just one of my fav pics of the boys that is about a month old...They have become such good buddies and I can't believe Carson will be TWO in just one week from today!! He is SUCH a big boy and says absolutely EVERYTHING now! He constantly mimics what Caleb does/says and wants to be just like Caleb...it's adorable! Caleb doesn't seem to mind either :) Some of Carson's favorite things to do are: read books, play outside, ride his tricycle, play w/ the "doggies", go the the park, and swim. Although when we go to the pool he'd rather play in the huge sand area than swim!! Carson is my SHADOW and is constantly still wanting me to "hold you" as he says. He is truly such a sweet, tender boy who is no longer a little baby. I am still in denial about that!!!


Aww sweet Caleb. Caleb is such a fun, energetic little boy. He can play w/ the best of 'em, but also likes to calm down & watch movies & "snuggle" on the couch w/ us :) He absolutely LOVES going to the park, playing outside and catching frogs, bugs of ANY kind, and playing w/ Carsy. He is an avid book worm & loves reading books before naptime & bedtime...and throughout the day! He loves going to pre-school and playing w/ friends. He's learned SO much in the last year & amazes me w/ the way he talks and interperets life. He is such a strong, but sweet little man all rolled into one. He is such a joy to be around...I call him my little Explorer! Nature Explorer that is :)


Oh Nate...I just love him. Good thing, right???? haha :) We celebrated our 7th anniversary in June and decided that it's so nice to still be IN LOVE!!! I am so very blessed and can't envision my life w/o him. What can I say? He's the best! :)
Ok, so I'm going to try to be better about this blogging thing...At least I promise I won't go another EIGHT months before posting again!! ;)





2 comments:

Justeina Brownlee said...

Very fun blog shan! I need you to help me design mine...Or at least tell me how to get all the cool designs! Love ya.

Amber said...

Yeah you are back!